Saturday, September 20, 2008

First Day of School


Jase Started school this year.

Yes he is only 4, but the school district here as some of the schools that have a 4yr old kindergarten. He goes 4 days a week 8-11am. He is so excited about going to school, for the last two years anytime he saw a school bus he would ask if he could go to school. When I dropped him off, before we got to his door he turned around and waved. Then walked into his class without even looking back. Whenever I would tell him I was going to be sad for him to go to school he would tell me " it's ok mom don't cry or be sad I will be back in a little while". It made me feel so good that he was ready to go, it would have been hard if I had dropped him off knowing he was crying and missing me. I credit his enthusiasm for school to my mom and her 2nd grade class. When my mom taught at a charted school in Phoenix it was great! She was able to take Jase with her while I was in the hospital with the twins ( 2 months prior to their delivery and then 2 months after while I was running back and forth to the hospital). Since then He has loved the idea of school. Hopefully Jase will have teachers as animated as grandma was.


i would have taken the pictures outside, like we did as kids. But unlike in Arizona in august it was raining all day here

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Glad you had so much fun with your sis and mom here in AZ. I can't believe Jase is 4 and in preschool/kindergarten...that is just crazy. What is even more crazy is that you have 4 kids under 4!! I don't know how you do it! Supermom!!

jenerekfamily said...

They just don't come any cuter than this one. He's SO darling! And thanks for the new pictures of Varsity. I love watching them grow.